Pandox Hotel Market Day Tuesday November 26, 2013
New travel patterns, social networks, globalisation, health, age, income – knowledge of and the ability to adapt to demographic changes is vital for those who want to succeed in today’s hotel business. For this year’s Hotel Market Day, Pandox has gathered trend analysts, macro economists and hotel business experts to discuss the topic of Demographic Changes. Join us on Tuesday the 26th of November and be inspired by Swedish and International speakers such as Klas Eklund (Senior Economist, SEB), Richard Dobbs (McKinsey Global Institute) and Chris Sanderson and Tom Savigar (The Future Laboratory).
When Pandox arranged the first ever Hotel Market Day back in 1996, the aim was to create a meeting place for the industry where current topics could be introduced and discussed. The event is held at the Pandox-owned hotel Hilton Stockholm Slussen and has, over the years, included a broad spectrum of themes. Today, the Hotel Market Day is a well-established annual event which attracts Swedish as well as International guests.
A number of clear global demographic changes are the starting point for this year’s Hotel Market Day, for example:
- The population in Europe is getting older while birth-rates are decreasing in parts of Africa and Asia.
- Socio-economic changes have paved the way for a new upper-middle class in countries such as China and India.
- Across the globe, people live longer and lead healthier lives – resulting in a more active lifestyle with new types of needs.
“Knowledge of demographic changes and the ability to adapt to them are critical success factors in the hotel industry,” states Anders Nissen, CEO of Pandox. “The world and the needs of the guests are constantly changing and only those within the industry that realise and act on these changes will survive in the long run. At this year’s Hotel Market Day, we focus on a number of changes that are taking place, and on how hotel and travel companies have chosen to act to both meet and satisfy these new demands.”
- Macroeconomic overview: Klas Eklund, (Senior Economist, SEB)
- Demographic changes: Richard Dobbs (McKinsey Global Institute), Chris Sanderson and Tom Savigar (The Future Laboratory)
- The good examples: Magnus Berglund (Scandic Hotels) and Jörgen Fredriksson (Världens Resor)
- Industry outlook towards 2014: Anders Nissen (Pandox)
- Moderator: Bengt Brodin
Time: Tuesday the 26th of November 13.00
Place: Stockholm Hilton Slussen, Guldgränd 8, the Auditorium
For further information: